Sunday, October 5, 2008

Indiana Jones Cake, Homemade!!





For my 3 years old sons birthday I made an Indiana Jones cake. It was simple and fun to make, and he loved it! I used a simple chocolate cake recipe, any will do! I made two sheet cakes. I used one as the bottom layer. The second cake I used for the 2nd and 3rd layers, cutting the 2nd cake unevenly so that one half was slightly bigger. I stacked the layers of the cake on the back side of the bottom layer of cake, frosting in between each layer and the entire cake with chocolate frosting. I left enough room on the middle layer to cut out a small space where I would place the rolling ball. I decorated the cake with toy palm trees found at our local craft store, Indiana Jones action figures, A cobra snake and small rocks. (If they are from the yard make sure you wash them with hot soapy water!) For the rolling ball I used a floral ball and painted it the night before with non-toxic, washable gold paint. (make sure and leave time for it to dry completley!) For the finishing touch I used crumbled graham crackers and sprinkled the cake for a fresh dirt look! My son loved it and it was much cheaper than buying from a bakery, Plus it was fun to make! Hope you enjoy!

No comments: